Wednesday, August 2, 2017

~~As hard as it was, I would do it again...~~

People think I am nuts.  And that is okay because everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I am entitled to be nuts.  I secretly believe that those people secretly want to be just a little more like me. That is my belief. So there.

An opportunity to go to Nome, Alaska presented itself.  Since I rarely say, "no" to adventures, I enthusiastically said, "yes!"

The goal was to follow three gold explorers to their secret spot and capture their adventure in photographs. I was thrilled to get this opportunity!  Who gets to do this as a photographer?

Getting to Nome from Phoenix takes a lot of time and work!  I had to get up and o'dark hundred and travel to Seattle...layover.  From there, on to Anchorage...layover.  Then had to climb up into the back of a 30-seat plane to fly to Nome.

By the way, they were dumping people off the plane because the plane got too heavy.  This foretold the way the entire adventure was about to roll out.

More to come.....


Port of Nome from the top of Anvil Mountain. It was raining...of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment